Monday 30 January 2012

Sources of Information

There are many different ways that I can access information when researching and choosing my styles and design for my board game:

Internet: A vast majority of information can be found on the internet, any board games that I will be unable to find in stores, I will be able to source and find out about online. The majority of "geeky" games will not be on the common market so this will be the best place to find them on specific geek websites such as boardgamegeek.com which has a huge selection of board game information.

Stores: The High Street will contain many shops such as WHS Smith and Waterstones which will provide me with information on board games, it will also allow me to gather information on the most popular games that can be found on the common market and perhaps the more successful ones. The stores will also contain prices to give me a good idea of how the size or design of the game can affect those prices.

Dunfermline High Street: I will be able to take pictures and get a feel of the layout of Dunfermline High Street by visiting there. It is also close to my current location meaning that I would be able to visit there often and as much as I wanted to. There is also plenty of information about the history behind the high street that I could find online and then visit at the actual location.

Video Games: Not board games specifically but there is a lot of geeky style video games out there that could give me inspiration for my board game. The styles and design can all be researched and then perhaps certain elements applied to my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment